In this episode you will hear:
• From building capitalism in Poland to writing books and helping others
Agnieszka Dydycz tells her story of the very beginning of capitalism in Poland and her role in creating capital markets at the national level, her interactions with the biggest institutional global investors, and then... her life as a writer and her charity work.
• Polished ice - curling in Poland
Adela Walczak lives in Poland, a country without any curling traditions and without any curling facilities. Until now, because Adela decided to build a world class curling club in her home town Łódź, in the centre of Poland. And she did!
• The land of mosquitos and Poles in Ontario
Kaszuby, an area in northern Ontario, about 200 kilometres west of Ottawa, named after the part of northern Poland from which the first settlers came, is the site of the first Polish settlement in Canada.
• Great Poles - Marian Smoluchowski
• Smacznego! Eating Polish - sorrel soup